Burlington Golf & Country Club
The Club was incorporated through the efforts of a number of prominent Hamilton and Burlington citizens in 1922. The first nine holes were opened in 1923 with the completion of eighteen holes and a clubhouse in 1924. The undulating topography of the property with its sandy loam and attractive location on Hamilton Bay offered exceptional natural raw material for the design of a golf course. Today's challenging layout, still essentially that conceived by Stanley Thompson, Canada's leading contemporary golf course architect, was constructed under the watchful eye of Andy Anderson, the club's first professional, who himself had a fine record of golf course construction in his native Scotland.
422 Northshore Blvd. E.
Canada L7T 3Z9
Extent of 'Thompson' Work
18 hole layout but not construction supervision
New done by Stanley Thompson & Co. Ltd (architect: Stanley & Frank Thompson & George Cumming)Verification level: Level 1
- Correspondence from Stanley Thompson & Co. Ltd to Burlington Golf & C.C.
- Memo from ST to Minister of the interior TG Murphy
- Reference to Burlington GC in 'The Toronto Terror'
- Burlington GC history
- Article in Ontario Golfer