Brantford Golf & Country Club
In 1919 a 9 hole expansion course was designed by Thompson, Cumming and Thompson, a Toronto partnership of brothers Stanley and Nicol Thompson and George Cumming, the head professional at the Toronto Golf Club. While it would be Stanley who developed into the dean of Canada's course architects, the history of the Brantford Golf and Country Club ascribes most of the credit for this design to Cumming and Nicol, who served as head professional at the Hamilton Golf and Country Club in Ancaster, Ontario, for 50 years.
60 Ava Road P.O. Box 874
Canada N3T 5R7
Extent of 'Thompson' Work
18 Hole renovation
Addition done by Stanley Thompson & Co. Ltd/ Thompson Jones & Co. (architect: Stanley Thompson)Verification level: Level 2
- Memo from ST to Minister of the interior TG Murphy
- Company Advertisement for recent commissions
- Stanley Thompson Co. Ltd- Golf Architects advertisement
- Article in Canadian Golfer
- Ad for recent commissions
- Article in Ontario Golfer
- Reference to Brantford G&CC in 'The Toronto Terror'